1) Experience – Ask them how long they have been in the business, what kind of training and experience they have.
2) Condition of the tattoo parlour – It can tell you about the professionalism of the people working there and how seriously they take their work.A tattoo artist should be liable for their workplace. Needles should be brand new , in the package and sterile. He should be wearing gloves and dispose of waste properly.
3) Get firsthand references from people you know to see the artwork. From the tatto you can see whether the style matches your taste. Learn from their opinions to see how the artist really knows what he is doing.
4) If your have time, visit body-art conventions to check out which are the many tattoo artist currently working in your area.
5) Tattoo artists belonging to professional organisations tend to have higher competency of quality, safety and professionalism.They need to meet certain experience and training to be a member of the professional organisation.
6) Find tattoo artists that you are comfortable with. So you can converse with him about how to take care of your new tattoo and ask questions on the healing process of your tattoo.Most tattoo artist will advise you on which products to use to achieve the best results of having a vibrant tattoo.So open your ears and pay attention.
7) Be careful of those artist who are pushy and